For several years Samara National Research University has consistently been improving its performance in both Russian and international rankings.
QS World University Rankings
- In 2017 Samara National Research University, for the first time, entered the global QS World University Rankings (QS), annually compiled by the British company Quacquarelli Symonds and joined the group of universities that share positions from 800 to 1000. In total, 24 universities represent Russia in the QS World University Rankings.
- In 2018 Samara University significantly improved its performance in it and moved to the group of universities occupying positions from 701 to 750.
THE World University Rankings
- 2016 – Samara University is for the first time included вin the ranking of the world’s top universities according to the Times Higher Education British magazine. It entered the group of universities sharing positions from 801 to 980.
- In 2017 the university improved its ranking indicators significantlyand moved to the list of universities that share positions from 601 to 800.
SUBJECT AND THEMATIC RANKINGS
THE World University Rankings by subject
- 2017 – Samara University is for the first time included in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings by subject. In the study of THE World University Rankings 2018 by subject: Engineering and Technology, universities that have outstanding world-class competencies in engineering and technology are evaluated. Samara University joined the group of universities that share positions from 401 to 500 in this direction.
QS World University Rankings by Subject
In 2017 Samara University entered the international QS ranking for the first time, in which universities are evaluated on the basis of learning outcomes in 46 subjects. It moved to the group of universities occupying positions 450 – 500 in Physics & Astronomy.
QS University Rankings: Emerging Europe and Central Asia (QS EECA)
- In 2017 Samara University entered the first hundred of the international QS EECA University Ranking and ranked 99 among 300 universities from 20 countries of the world. The ranking includes universities of the former "Eastern Bloc" (the Czech Republic, Poland), Turkey, CIS and Baltic countries.
- 2016 – a year earlier, the university went up to more than 30 positions at once and became one of the top 110 universities in developing countries of Europe and Central Asia according to the QS ranking agency.
- 2015 – Samara University for the first time joined the top 150 universities in the QS EECA Ranking.
QS Top Universities BRICS
- In 2017 Samara University went up to the 93rd position in the list of the top 100 universities of the BRICS countries. The university demonstrated a rapid growth compared with the indicators of the previous ranking and immediately climbed 58 positions.
- 2014 – the university was included in the QS Top Universities BRICS Ranking for the first time. Samara University entered 151-200 group of universities. In 2015 and 2016 the result was the same.
THE European University Ranking 2017
2017 – Samara University entered the top 400 universities in Europe according to THE – Best universities in Europe 2017.
- Samara National Research University entered 301+ group of this ranking.
THE BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings
2018 – Samara University went up to more than a hundred positions in THE Emerging Economies University Rankings 2018. The university demonstrated impressive results, climbing from position 251-300 to the 123rd line of the ranking.
2016 – Samara University entered the TOP-300 THE BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2017. Experts of British edition "Times Higher Education" analyzed the performance of the top universities from 50 countries of the world. Samara University entered the group of universities, sharing positions 251-300.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities
February 2017 – Samara University immediately went up to 817 positions in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities. The university moved from position 2464 to 1596. Among the universities of the Russian Federation, Samara University occupied the 15th line of the ranking. It climbed nine positions compared with August 2016.
Round University Ranking (RUR)
2017 – Samara National Research University for the first time entered the RUR World University Ranking. The university was ranked the 22nd among Russian research participants and the 613th in the global list.
RAEX (Expert RA) Russian University Ranking. 2016
- Position 26 in the overall ranking (in 2012 it started from position 35).
- Position 15 in the list of the top Russian universities in nomination "The Demand for Graduates by Employers".
- Position 18 in the group of Russian universities with the highest level of research activity.
- Position 21 in the annual reputation ranking of universities in integrated areas.
National University Ranking (Interfax Group Project). 2016
- Position 21 in the overall ranking (in 2011-2013, it was ranked from 61 to 64).
- Position 15 according to "Education" criterion among Russian universities.
- Position 18 according to "Research" criterion.
The Ranking of Universities According to the Vladimir Potanin Charitable Foundation
The universities-participants of the Vladimir Potanin Fellowship Programme, addressed to graduate students and teachers of master’s degree courses, are evaluated.
- Position 10 according to the results of 2014-2015 academic year. A year earlier the university occupied the 44th line.
Graduate Employability Monitoring
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation conducts the annual monitoring of employment and average wages of Russian universities graduates.
- 2014 – Samara State Aerospace University entered the top nine Russian leading universities, where the graduate employment rate was 100%. Moreover, only two universities that were awarded the category of the National Research University – SSAU and MIPT were among the best. In total, during the monitoring, the data on 1 million 200 thousand graduates of 2013, who completed studies in more than 1,100 areas of training and specialties, were processed.
- 2015 – according to the results of monitoring in 2014, the level of employment of SSAU graduates was 90%.